Valentine’s Day can be all about home. Here’s how to set the mood in the bathroom, for Love:
- One cup bath sea salt or Epsom salt (baby oil or bubble bath may be used)
- Two dozen red and pink roses and two large vases
- One batch pink or red daisies
- Tea lights (unscented)
- Tea light holders (optional)
- Essential oil (Rosewood, Bergamot, or Eucalyptus are perfect for opening the Heart Chakra.)
- Fresh, fluffy towels (preferably straight out of the dryer)
- Lotion or massage oil
- Hand Written Letter
- Soft Music
1. Fill bathroom sink with cool water to float your daisies. Place the rest in the vase and display on a side table/shelf, along with essential oil bottles, lotion, sponge, etc.
2. Fill tub with water as hot as you can tolerate and add the bath salt, bubble bath or both. A small drop of Essential oils also help set the mood. Add your loose rose petals.
3. Clean out everyday bathroom items.
4. Remove your regular bathroom mats; stow them out of sight. Fold towels in half and line the walkway of your bathroom – think of it as plush carpet. Also have fresh towels ready for after-bath.
5. Arrange the tea lights around the sink and bathtub ledge.
6. Hide a hand written card amongst the towels and using a dry erase marker write a personalized message on your shower door or mirror. Try a quote from your favorite love song!
7. Introduce soft music for added romantic effect from an adjacent room.
8. Now you’re ready for love. Pamper your Valentine with a gentle sponge bath, towel dry and finish off with a lotion rub. You can even make your own lotion concoction by adding some of the essential oil to an unscented lotion brand.
So simple. Love is so.
Happy Valentine’s Day! I Dare You To Be Domestic.